This resort was formely know as the Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort
The Dreams Jade offers weddings for groups as small as an intimate elopement to a large fiesta of over 100 guests! It’s a beautiful, modern hotel that is fantastic for families and groups, offers fabulous service and stunning ocean views from just about everywhere on the property.
Here is what you can expect to find in our complete guide to Dreams Jade Weddings:
- Where is the Dreams Jade?
- Our experience with the Dreams Jade
- Resort Overview
- Pros and cons of the Dreams Jade
- Rooms and Sections
- The Beach
- Food & Drink
- Activities, Sports and Kids Club
- Exchange Privileges
- Dreams Jade versus Dreams Sapphire
- Dreams Jade versus Dreams Natura
- Dreams Jade Weddings
- Sample Wedding Package
- Extra Costs to Consider
- Same-Sex Weddings
- Promotions for Weddings at Dreams Jade
- Dreams Jade Wedding Venues
Where is the Dreams Jade?
Puerto Morelos is a sleepy fishing village located about 20 minutes south of the Cancun airport. Tucked between the mangrove area and the stunning white sandy beach, you will find the Dreams Jade.
This hotel is about a 5-minute taxi ride from Puerto Morelos town, where you can find a little bit of shopping or experience an authentic Mexican beach life. If you want something a little bigger, grab a cab to Playa del Carmen town, about 25 minutes south. There you can find excellent shopping, bars, and restaurants located on the famous 5th avenue pedestrian walkway.
Our experience with the Dreams Jade
We know and love this resort! We have planned several weddings here and stayed here multiple times in the past couple of years. The on-site wedding team knows their stuff and if you need extra help from us, we are only 30 minutes away!
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Pet-Friendly: Yes. Only small dogs up to 10 kgs (22 lbs) are allowed in the required room category, prior reservation. Additional fees apply.
- Room Service: 24-hour room and concierge service.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Restaurants: 8 restaurants. Buffet options and gourmet a la carte.
- Bars: 6 bars and lounges.
- Cafe: Yes 1, Coco Cafe
- Nightclub: No, but they have Scores, a casual ambiance with flat-panel TVs, pool tables, and a DJ. Guests must be 18+ to access Scores in the evening.
- Spa: Yes, world-class spa.
- Beauty Salon: Yes, it offers salon treatments.
- Fitness Center: Yes, open daily from 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Pools: three heated swimming pools with breathtaking views.
- Water Sports: no–motorized water sports, including kayaks, snorkel, water, and beach aerobics, water volleyball
- Exchange Privileges: Sip, Savor & See program for evening meals
Pros of the Dreams Jade Resort
- Junior Suites are very spacious
- AmResorts offers high-quality food, drink, free WiFi and room service
- The hotel site is relatively compact and everything is easy to get to
- Wedding venues all have gorgeous ocean views
- Groups can access promotions for every 5th, 6th or 7th room free
Cons of the Dreams Jade Resort
- The beach is beautiful, but consider water shoes as there are rocks upon water entry
- The adults-only pool is reserved for Preferred Club guests
- The do have vacation club (timeshare) that will try to trick you into a presentation
Rooms and Sections
There are two main sections for the rooms at Dreams Jade. The regular rooms and the preferred club rooms.
The view you get will be the view you pay for. The view is listed in the room type, so if it says tropical view, you will see jungle, trees, gardens and mangroves. If you choose the oceanfront, then you will be at the end U shaped buildings with full oceanfront views.
The preferred section rooms are larger in terms of size and have a separate living area, versus the junior suites in the regular section have an integrated living area.
When you book preferred, you do get a few extra perks for the extra money such as:
- Preferred club lounge for check-in, check-out, hors d’oeuvres, premium liquor
- Preferred club pool exclusive to guests 18+
- Upgraded amenities in the room
The Beach at the Dreams Jade
The beach can be narrow in certain areas, but the sand is white and soft. There are a lot of palapas for shade and if you head out on the beach to the right hand side, you can walk for miles. It can be a little rocky on entry, so consider bringing water shoes.
Food & Drink
In addition to the main buffet restaurant, the Dreams Jade has 7 a la carte restaurants, including the super swanky Cin Cin for adults only. For coffee and sweet lovers, head to the Coco Cafe. 24-hour rooms service is included for all room categories.
6 bars and lounges are available, including a swim up bar in each pool. The Time Out outdoor lobby bar is the perfect place for a cocktail and to check out the events on the big screen. Scores will be your afterhours hotspot for dancing and drinks.
Activities, Sports and Kids Club
The Kids club is available for children ages 4-12 and is open through until 10pm. With both indoor and outdoor activities, including a camping night, you can take some well deserved ‘me’ time while your kids are entertained.
Teens will love the Core Zone with video games, table top games and a relaxed vibe.
There are many sports available including kayaking, organized games such as soccer, water polo, and you can also head to the rooftop area if you prefer tennis or basketball.
The Dreams Jade has great entertainment that varies from live music to theme nights, to audience participation shows.
When you stay at an AMResort (Dreams, Secrets, Now, Reflect) you have the privilege of the Sip, Savor & See program. You can make reservations with concierge on-site, but you can visit the sister resorts as of 6pm to enjoy a dining experience and entertainment elsewhere.
Dreams Jade versus Dreams Sapphire?
Check out our infographic that lists the details and if you have any questions, please get in touch! We have been and stayed at both properties multiple times and our team can guide you through which resort would be the right choice for you.
Dreams Jade versus Dreams Natura?
The Dreams Natura is a brand new resort, opened in 2020. Although both resorts are fairly modern and offer similar services in terms of dining and activities, here are some of the major differences with the Dreams Jade versus Dreams Natura :
- Room size, the square footage of the junior suites at Natura is over 150 ft² smaller than Dreams Jade
- Swim Out rooms. The Dreams Natura has them, the Dreams Jade does not
- Preferred Club pool. Dreams Jade has one, Dreams Natura does not
- Walking distance on the resort, Dreams Natura is more compact
- Dreams Natura has a waterslide area
- Catholic weddings are available at the Dreams Jade (not at Natura)
Check out our Complete Guide to Weddings at Dreams Natura for more details.
Dreams Jade Weddings
The Dreams Jade has simple ceremonies for elopements, a free wedding ceremony package if you are seeking something simple yet elegant, and then more complete packages including up to 100 wedding guests. The maximum guest count for a wedding at the Dreams Jade is 200 guests.
With several ocean view wedding venues to choose from, you can have a symbolic, legal, Catholic, Indian, or same-sex wedding at the Dreams Jade.
Need a little guidance? Get in touch.
Sample Wedding Package
Dreams TO ETERNITY PACKAGE
$3399 for 2020 and 2021 ($3199, August, September, October)
Includes: 25 guests, extra guests are $125 per person
Wedding Day Inclusions: • Service of a judge or minister • Dedicated on-site wedding coordinator • Preparation and ironing of couple’s wedding day attire • Complimentary room upgrade for wedding couple (based on availability) • Bouquet(s) and boutonniere(s) for wedding couple • One corsage and one boutonniere for the wedding party • Sound system with speaker and microphones • Hairstyling and makeup application for one member of the wedding couple for day of the ceremony • Wedding cake and sparkling wine (up to 25 guests) • Private cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres (Silver menu, up to 25 guests) • Private dinner reception (silver menu, up to 25 guests) • One natural floral centerpiece for the reception table • 24 full-color photos
Other Inclusions: • Couples massage spa treatment (50 minutes) • Breakfast in bed with mimosas (reservations must be made in advance with concierge) • Romantic turndown service night of the ceremony with rose petal-drawn Jacuzzi bath, a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate-covered strawberries • 20% off spa treatments (Spa boutique purchases not included) • Late checkout for the couple (based on availability and upon request) • Free anniversary nights (stay a minimum of five paid nights over first anniversary date and receive two additional nights free, or stay four paid nights over the first anniversary date and receive one additional night free)
Extra Wedding Costs to consider
Photography and Videography
DJ & Dance floor
Outside Vendor Fees
Can you have a Same-Sex Wedding at Dreams Jade?
Yes, you can have a same sex wedding at the Dreams Jade. However, same sex Catholic ceremonies are not permitted.
Promotions for Dreams Jade Weddings
- Every 5th, 6th or 7th room free (depending on the season)
- Wedding couple fly free with 75 room nights
- Upgraded transfers for the wedding couple
- Guests of the group pay shuttle transfer and are upgraded to non-stop
- $500 off a catamaran charter for your group with 75 room nights
- Free custom maracas to offer as favors with 75 room nights (you choose the design, color, and details).
Venues for Dreams Jade Weddings
El Patio Deck Wedding Venue
You can choose to decorate this stunning ocean view venue with as little or as much detail as you want. The hotel will optionally provide the hexagon background at no extra cost.
CAPACITY: Ceremony maximum capacity of 200 guests, Reception maximum capacity of 100 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Reception
Beach Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Ceremony maximum capacity of 150 guests, Reception maximum capacity of 200 guests // AVAILABLE: Ceremony, Reception
Pergola Deck Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Ceremony maximum capacity of 120 guests, Reception maximum capacity TBD// AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Reception
Fountain Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Ceremony maximum capacity of 60 guests, Cocktail maximum capacity TBD// AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail.Not available on Tuesday or Sundays
Garden Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Ceremony maximum capacity of 200 guests, Reception maximum capacity of 120 guests// AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Reception. Not available on Tuesday or Sundays.
Pool Terrace Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Reception maximum capacity of 40 guests// AVAILABLE FOR: Reception
Bamboo Room – Private Ocean View
CAPACITY: Reception maximum capacity of 80 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Reception
Ocean Front Deck – Carnival Terrace
CAPACITY: Reception maximum capacity of 60 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Reception
CAPACITY: Reception maximum capacity of 120 guests //Available from 7-10 pm. Not available on Friday
We hope that our complete guide to Dreams Jade Weddings has helped you determine if this hotel is right for your destination wedding in Mexico.