Top 5 Luxury All-Inclusive Honeymoon Resorts
Over 20 years in the travel business has allowed me to visit and stay at A LOT of hotels (hard job, but someone’s gotta do it!). Although I sell travel worldwide, I do live in the Cancun area and have a lot of personal faves. Here are my Top 5 Luxury All-Inclusive Honeymoon Resorts in the Cancun area.
#1 Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Here are 5 reasons why I love the Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort.
1. All rooms are suites starting at more than 1100 square feet.
2. Grand Class adult side gives you the privacy you want for a honeymoon but the family side gives you a little more action during the day if needed.
3. The food is incredible with Cocina de Autor being the first restaurant in an all-inclusive to earn a 5 Diamond AAA award. Dining is an experience- and plates of food are works of art.
4. The concierges make sure you have everything you want before you know you want it.
5. Laidback luxury on a long stretch of beach five minutes from Playa del Carmen
#2 Unico 20-87
These are my 5 reasons why Unico makes my top 5 list.
1. Designed to bring the natural beauty of Mexico into the rooms- which created hotel rooms so delightfully unique you never want to leave the room itself. The Estancia suites are amazing.
2. You can go crazy at the party pool or relax at the quiet pool. Both are staff with very attentive staff leaving you wanting for nothing.
3. Guests get extreme discounts on specific tours and spa services just for being a guest at Unico. I have a 2-hour -massage, facial, and body scrub extravaganza for the cost of just a massage back home.
4. Top-shelf alcohol and very creative bar staff had me craving drinks I never knew existed.
5. There is something for everyone! No one has ever returned with a complaint. Just the desire to return.
The Atelier Hotel just opened in 2019 and is a gorgeous property in the newest part of Cancun, Playa Mujeres.
1. Rooms have a great industrial meet outdoor feel to them. Think concrete and wood. The Inspira master suite is over 1800 square feet plus a 1000 square foot patio with plunge pool and private patio.
2. The pool area runs the length of the building. It is large and inviting with both sun and shaded areas.
3. Upgrade to the Inspira concierge level for extra special concierge treatment – and guests staying 5 nights or more get 2 rounds of golf at the Gregg Norman course next door.
4. Beach – long and very walkable. You don’t feel crowded. The water is gorgeous. And they have hammocks hung over the water so you can actually relax over the ocean!
5. The food is very good. They try hard to accommodate gluten-free guests even offering gluten-free pizza crust in their Italian restaurant
#4 Palafitos – Mexico’s first Over the Water Bungalows
This hotel is just AMAZING! Easy to make the top 5 luxury all-inclusive honeymoon resorts.
1. Glass bottom floors
2. Private infinity pools
3. Direct ladder access to the ocean
4. All on Maroma beach – one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world
5. Need I say more?!
#5 Le Blanc Spa Resort
If you want classy, butler service, on a gorgeous stretch of beach, the LeBlanc should be a top choice for your honeymoon in Cancun.
1. On an incredible stretch of beach in Cancun with all rooms facing the ocean.
2. Newly renovated with a fresh open design that blends effortlessly indoors and outdoors reminding me of being in St-Tropez. White interiors combined with the blue of the Caribbean.
3. Butlers available to make sure every wish is attended to
4. Among the incredible restaurants and bars they even now make their own chocolates offered freely in their chocolate & coffee bar – so you can have an afternoon coffee and homemade chocolate treats.
5. Each stay comes with credits you can use toward spa treatments or tours – enabling you to do more for less money.
I hope my list of top 5 luxury all-inclusive honeymoon resorts, has given you some day-dreaming inspiration! You can get more honeymoon inspiration here.
Need help? I love planning honeymoons and am pretty darn good at it!
Get in touch
It’s interesting to know that we will have to make adjustments to dancing during the wedding post-pandemic. Since our wedding was cancelled, my husband and I are planning to just have a civil marriage for now and just have a grand celebration later on. Perhaps an all-inclusive destination wedding would be perfect so that we can also chuck in the honeymoon into the trip.
So far, the hotels here have mentioned that they will encourage extra distance for the dancing part, but that it is not something that will be mandatory or that they will be able to enforce. If you need help planning you destination wedding or honeymoon, let me know!