The Complete Guide to Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings
Welcome to the complete guide to Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings! With a family-friendly section and an adults-only section, this hotel has a lot to offer for all types of travelers as well as destination weddings.
Keep reading to learn all about weddings at this beautiful property. Venues, packages, inclusions, pros, cons, and a few tips will surely help you make your day extra special.
Content of the Complete Guide to Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings
Click on any item to skip to that section.
Where is Planet Hollywood Cancun located?
Although it has Cancun in the name, Planet Hollywood Cancun is located in a new area called Costa Mujeres, right next to Playa Mujeres and about 40 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
This peninsula has a lagoon on one side and a long stretch of pristine white beach on the other.
There are not many attractions in that area, but tours do pick up from the lobby and you can always reserve a taxi or transport service to bring you to Cancun for shopping.
Love this area, but Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings are not for you? Check out other hotels for weddings in Playa and Costa Mujeres.
Our experience with Planet Hollywood Cancun
Well, we were there on opening day and have personal relationships with the weddings and sales departments. We have also worked closely with that hotel chain, Blue Diamond Resorts, and have had many wedding couples at the Royalton in the area.
We’ve had more than a handful of wedding events at this property and they always come out as beautiful celebrations! We can’t wait to continue working with them!
Planet Hollywood Cancun Resort Overview
- Rooms: 566 Family-Friendly and 332 Adults Only
- Adults Only: A section of the resort is reserved for 18+
- Pet-Friendly: No
- Room Service: 24-hour room service and concierge service
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Restaurants: For the Family Friendly guests – 11 Restaurants, including 1 buffet. For the Adult Scene guests – 14 restaurants, including 2 buffets. 3 restaurants that are exclusive for adults only (2 a la carte and one buffet)
- Bars: 11 bars and lounges
- Cafe: Yes 1 cafe
- Nightclub: Studio Disco Bar & Lounge
- Spa: PH Spa, featuring Eminence Organic Skin Care
- Beauty Salon: Beauty Bar
- Fitness Center: PUMPED Fitness Center, with daily classes and the latest
- cardio and strength-training equipment
- Pools: Four pools, a lazy river, and two splash parks
- Water Sports: Kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, Hobie cat, and pedal paddle pontoons. Reef fee of $5US per person per stay to use water sports. Surf pool for stationary wave riding (extra cost).
- Exchange Privileges: If you are staying at the Adults Scene, you can access the full resort. If you are staying in the family section, you can purchase a day pass to Adult Scene for $35US per person for a full day’s access.
Pros and cons of Planet Hollywood Cancun
- The food. We were two carnivores, one vegetarian and one teen that lives only for room service. Everyone in our family was more than satisfied with the options, the taste, and the presentation.
- The hotel and its services. Young, old, and everything in between. This hotel has something for everyone. With a slew of daily activities and nightly entertainment, a great kids club, Planet Play ($) which is teen heaven, and a fabulous gym, this hotel will please families and groups. Perfect for a wedding group with different guest dynamics.
- The beach. OH, THE BEACH!
- Distances. Get ready to walk, walk, walk between restaurants, rooms, pools, and the beach. The property is very spread out and paths offer minimal shade. Bring your training shoes and your hat!
- Minibar. If you like to have a beer on your balcony at the end of the day, forget it. The minibars do not include any alcoholic beverages.
- Entertaining. The shows are great, but the theatre is open. So in case of rain, you must run to the lobby areas for cover. Artists will keep performing but you will not enjoy the show so much.
Rooms and Sections
Family Section. The Family Section has 566 rooms in 9 different room categories. Fabulous for larger families as you can reserve a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom suite. You can also upgrade to Star Class.
The basic junior suite room has 1 king or two double beds and a sofa bed. The bathroom has 2 sinks, a shower, and lots of mirrors.
Adult Scene. 332 rooms in 3 room categories. You can also upgrade to Star Class.
Star Class. Star class is an upgrade level of service. It includes a personal agent (similar to a butler) to help you with your private check-in, upgraded room amenities, and restaurant reservations.
Most contact is made via WhatsApp, so I suggest you download the app before you arrive. Star Class also includes complimentary access to hydrotherapy at the spa and access to an exclusive pool.
WOW. The beach is gorgeous. You can walk for miles in either direction. It is very wide, with soft sand and there are no rocks on entry when accessing the water.
Due to the location, this is an area that is less prone to sargassum seaweed. The water isn’t necessarily clear, but blue and turquoise.
As of now, there are not that many hotels in the area, so you have the impression that it is a private and remote beach.
Food & Drinks
For the adults-only section, there are two restaurants exclusive to 18+ which are the Brazza Brazilian and the Catch Seafood restaurant.
In addition, guests booked at the Adult Scene have full access to all restaurants located on the family-friendly side.
The buffet restaurant is huge and they have a large variety of options ranging from a smoothie station, freshly made crepes, omelets, chilaquiles, and lots of bread, pastries, and fruit.
Lunchtime options included Guy Fieri’s for burgers and fries (insider tip, they have a veggie option, available on request) and the Italian restaurant. Dinner time options changed nightly and you can consult what is available when on the television in the room.
We ate exceptionally well. Rarely is everyone in my family satisfied with the food as we all have different tastes and dietary requirements. We were all extremely happy and would go back tomorrow to eat there again!
Activities, Sports, and Kids Club
Again, the television in the room outlines all activities to take place and any classes planned by the fitness center.
Sports include basketball, tennis, and a variety of water sports available down by the beach. Any activities occurring in the ocean do require a $7 per person reef fee paid once during your stay.
The kids club is available for kids aged 4-12 and includes indoor and outdoor areas and supervised activities.
There are two thematic water parks for small kids as well as a waterslide for older kids/adults and a lazy river.
Although there is no teens club on the property, there is Planet Play, which would appeal to most teens and many people of varying ages. With a trampoline park, virtual reality booths, an all-sports simulator, and more get ready to spend a few extra dollars here.
Prices are reasonable and vary from $7-$12 for 30 minutes but you can also opt for a day pass.
Teenagers will definitely have a blast!
If you stay at Planet Hollywood Cancun you do not have access to any other resorts in the area. If you stay at the Adults Scene, you do have full access to the family side. If you stay on the family side, you can purchase a day pass to access the Adults Scene (currently $ 35 USD per person per day).
What makes this resort different from other all-inclusive resorts
The branding at Planet Hollywood is amazing. From a touch light logo on the bathroom mirror to the stars on the pool and beach cabanas, you know that you are at Planet Hollywood.
Their slogan is *vacation like a star*, and they do have certain special touches like a visual red carpet when entering the lobby, and just a lot of BLING Hollywood feel around the resort.
One interesting aspect of this resort is that they have a mini-movie theater on-site that offers two showings daily.
Weddings at Planet Hollywood Cancun
Wondering about weddings at Planet Hollywood Cancun? Read on for information on their wedding packages, wedding venues, and how to save a few bucks! Any questions or doubts, just get in touch, we are happy to help.
Planet Hollywood Cancun Wedding Packages
Whether you are planning to elope, have a big bash, or anything in between, wedding packages at Planet Hollywood Cancun will accommodate you.
They do have a free wedding package, an elopement package, a honeymoon package as well as packages to accommodate groups of 20 to 30 guests and then to pay more for additional guests.
They also have packages for Indian Weddings, or as the resort likes to call them, Bollywood Weddings! Choose 6 events and a total of 12 or 14 event hours.
Find the two most popular wedding packages couples select at this resort.
|PH Love Wedding Package||PH Glam Wedding Package|
|30 Guests||40 guests|
|Key Inclusions:||Key Inclusions:|
|* ”Getting ready” refreshments for the couple|
* Wedding ceremony with judge or minister
* Personal flowers for the couple
* Basic decor package
* Private cocktail hour
* Private dinner reception
* Wedding cake
* Discounts on SPA services for
the entire wedding group
|PH Love wedding package inclusions plus:|
* 2-Hour private BBQ party with
a Caribbean trio
* Basic florals for the ceremony
* Wedding couple signature welcome drink
* Solo musician for the cocktail hour
* Upgraded menu for the reception
* Floral centerpiece credit
$80 USD – Extra guest
$120 USD – Extra guest
Extra Costs to Consider
- MEMORIES – Photography or Videography
- MUSIC – DJ, dance floor, or live band
- GLAM – Hair, makeup, bridal suite
- BLING – Extra florals or decor
- SWAG – Favors
Still working out your budget? Check our blog on destination wedding costs.
Same-Sex Weddings Planet Hollywood Cancun
Love is love at Planet Hollywood Cancun. Same-sex weddings are welcome.
Promotions for Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings
Who doesn’t like a good deal? These are the current wedding promotions we can offer our couples booking weddings at Planet Hollywood Cancun.
- Free flights for the wedding couple
- 1 free room for every 5 rooms paid
- Free upgrades
- Special rates for a group catamaran or tour
- FREE custom-made maracas for your party
Restrictions do apply but we will work our magic to get you as many promos and freebies as possible, just get in touch.
Wondering if we can work our magic for family vacations or getaways? YES. Just contact us and let us know what you need and we will find you the best pricing and perks. 1-888-472-7077.
Planet Hollywood Wedding Venues
Rooftop Wedding Venue Gusto
This elevated and private area offers a wonderful panoramic view of the ocean and the resort. It is also covered which adds comfort and flexibility.
CAPACITY: Maximum capacity for the ceremony is 150 guests, for reception maximum capacity is 100 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception.
Rooftop Wedding Venue 10
This area is stunning and has lovely views and space for different events. The area includes a bridal suite, so you can wait in the A/C until all the guests are ready to make your grand entrance. The rooftop is accessible by stairs or by elevator.
There is a rental cost of $1500 to use this area.
CAPACITY: Maximum capacity for the ceremony is 120 guests, for reception maximum capacity is 80 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception
Planet Hollywood Beach Wedding Venues
I think I may have mentioned the beach before? If you have dreamed of a beach wedding in Cancun, this spot is amazing. There are two areas on the beach for weddings at Planet Hollywood Cancun.
- Located in front of the family-friendly area.
- Located on the adults-only beach.
Both are adjacent to beach bars, which can be used for cocktail hours or reception dinners.
There could potentially be two beach weddings scheduled on the same day, but luckily the beach is so long and wide, your group would be separate from the other party.
In the case that you are allocated the beach in front of the adults-only area, please note that the children will need to access the beach from the family side and not through the adults-only section of the hotel.
CAPACITY: Maximum capacity for ceremony and reception is 400 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception.
Convention Center Wedding Venue
CAPACITY: Maximum capacity for the ceremony and cocktail hour is 500 guests, for reception maximum capacity is 400 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception
This area has an indoor/outdoor concept. You can have your ceremony outdoors and then move into the air conditioning for your reception dinner.
CAPACITY: Maximum capacity for ceremony and reception is 90 guests // AVAILABLE FOR: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour & Reception
For a complete list of real videos of the wedding venues at Planet Hollywood Cancun visit our Youtube Channel playlist!
We hope this guide to Planet Hollywood Cancun Weddings has helped you determine whether or not this is the location for your big day. With so many great options, locations, and packages, this resort should definitely be on your list!
Just started wedding planning and not sure where to start? Check out our complete guide to destination wedding planning.
Have questions, doubts, or want to pick our brains? We are happy to help. Not only can we negotiate great group rates and get you perks, but we know our stuff!
Get in touch, we love to help!