The Complete Guide to Majestic Elegance Cancun Weddings
Are you dreaming of a destination wedding? Do you want to make your special day unforgettable? Majestic Elegance Cancun weddings are here to give you the wedding of your dreams. Whether you’re looking for an intimate ceremony or a grand celebration, they have everything you need.
Here is your complete guide to Majestic Elegance Cancun Weddings with unedited cell phone pictures and videos of the wedding locations. Let’s find out why this resort should be at the top of your list when it comes to your wedding celebration!
Click on any item to skip to that section.
Where is the Majestic Elegance Cancun?
The hotel is located in an area called Costa Mujeres. In order to get to Costa Mujeres, you fly into the Cancun Airport, and then you would get a transfer that would take 40 minutes to arrive at the hotel.
When you book Majestic Elegance through a destination wedding planner or travel agent, chances are your transfers will be included.
It is located away from the Cancun hotel zone, in an exclusive area that is comprised of Costa Mujeres and Playa Mujeres, a new and exclusive hotel zone.
Although it may seem far away, it is 10 minutes from the Playa Mujeres Golf Course, only 30 minutes from the Cancun Hotel Zone, and most tours and day trips that you may be interested in picking up at the hotel lobby.
Our Experience with Majestic Elegance Cancun
We’ve visited this resort since the day it opened back in 2019! We’ve had more than a handful of weddings over the years and keep visiting from time to time to see what’s new, and what’s still good!
Majestic Elegance Cancun Resort Overview
- Rooms: 570 in 12 different room categories
- Family Friendly: YES, 30 % of the rooms are family-friendly. 187 rooms
- Adults Only: YES, 70% of the rooms are adults only. 383 rooms. This area is called the Elegance Club
- Pet-Friendly: Only service animals are allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible: YES, adapted rooms, zero-entry pool, and ramps throughout
- Room Service: Yes, 6 am to midnight for the family section, 24 hours for Elegance Club
- Wi-Fi: Yes, free wifi throughout the resort
- Restaurants: 8 restaurants / 12 bars
- Cafe: Yes – open daily from 6 pm to 6 am
- Nightclub: There is a sports bar, but with an area for dancing, open until 4 am!
- Spa: Yes
- Beauty Salon: Yes, including a bridal suite
- Fitness Center: Yes
- Pools: Several, adults-only, family-friendly, and a kids’ pool
- Water Sports: Organized by the staff, available at the beach and pools.
- Exchange Privileges: Not at this moment, but there is a plan to build a Majestic Colonial and Majestic Mirage right next door so maybe then there will be exchange benefits.
Pros and Cons of Majestic Elegance Cancun
- The beach is just INSANE!
- There is no timeshare, so no pressure to go to any ”welcome breakfast”
- Wedding venues are truly beautiful, and unique and feel super private
- Guests are welcome to use all areas of the resort. There is no exclusive upgraded section, everyone is a VIP here!
- Location. It is a bit far away from Cancun Hotel Zone and Downtown. You can easily go explore the city by taking a taxi, however, you can’t really wander outside the property as there is not much to do or see.
- The general ambiance is super relaxed. There is a sports bar with music to dance to, but this may not be the ideal place for guests looking for a super lively and entertaining environment.
- This is a family-friendly resort, but little kids will not find much activities or entertainment. They can surely go to the kids club and join a few organized games but other than that, not much else.
Rooms and Sections
The rooms are spacious and start as junior suites, so all rooms have at least an integrated sitting area. The bathroom and room are an open concept, so if you are sharing with someone you don’t know very well, this may be a little uncomfortable.
Junior suites are located on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor with varying views. All ground floor rooms are swim-out suites, and then the top floor is either private rooftop with plunge pool, in the adult’s area or private rooftop with jacuzzi in the family area.
The ”Elegance Club” is the adults-only section. Rooms are very similar througout the resort, the difference is that these rooms are, like the name says, a kids-free zone. This section includes a few pools and a bar. You can still visit this quiet area if you are staying at the family side, just don’t bring the kids.
Is the Majestic is Family Friendly or Adults Only?
Well, it is BOTH. The hotel is comprised of 70% adults-only rooms and 30% family-friendly rooms. Most restaurants and service can accommodate all ages, but there are areas for both families and adults to lounge about in whatever atmosphere they prefer.
The Beach at the Majestic Elegance
The beach at the Majestic Elegance hotel is gorgeous. It is long, and wide and has a huge area of soft white sand. The water is turquoise and the water entry is smooth, there are no rocks.
So far, there are no hotels close by, you can see the Catalonia Costa Mujeres being built and the Riu Palace Costa Mujeres in the distance, but it is a fairly private beach area.
Food & Drink
Lots of choices here! Buffet, seafood, steakhouse, Japanese (with teppanyaki!), Mexican, Italian, fast food, and a gourmet open exclusively for adults 18+.
There are 12 bars! In addition to the upper lobby piano bar (with live music in the evening), you have the lower lobby, open though until 1am, a swim-up bar in the main pool, the sports bar that is open all night, and a few more! In addition, the adults-only section has 4 swim-up bars in addition to the others available on-site (we all love a good swim-up bar!)
Activities, Sports, and Kids Club
When it comes to planning your wedding in Cancun, you want to make sure that there is plenty for all of your guests to do. Majestic Elegance Cancun offers a variety of activities and sports, as well as a Kids Club, so everyone can find something fun and entertaining to enjoy during their stay.
You can stay fit at the state-of-the-art gym, join a few games at the pool or beach or tee off at the nearby golf course at Playa Mujeres or Puerto Cancun. There is also live performances and show during the evening.
The Kids Club is also a great way to keep everyone entertained during your stay at Majestic Elegance Cancun. The club features fun activities such as movies, games, arts & crafts, and more – all supervised by certified staff members who are on hand to ensure your children are safe and having fun.
Staying at the Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres will not grant you access to another property at the time. There is a project to build other Majestic resorts next door in the future years. Maybe then you will be able to visit those resorts and enjoy their facilities.
What makes this resort different from other all-inclusive resorts
Majestic Elegance Cancun is a wedding destination like no other. From their stunning, elegant facilities to impeccable service and the unique all-inclusive experience they provide, couples can be sure that their big day will be truly spectacular.
What makes Majestic Elegance different from other all-inclusive resorts? They go above and beyond when it comes to providing a luxurious experience for their guests, all suites come with breathtaking views, as well as 24-hour room service and access to the almost private beach.
The modern, elegant and relaxing vibe can be felt in every corner of the resort. Even at the magnificent cenote-inspired Spa!
Majestic Elegance Cancun Weddings
Majestic Elegance Cancun offers an array of incredible amenities for couples tying the knot including premium spa treatments, luxurious accommodations, and fine dining options. With so much to offer, it’s no wonder this stunning Caribbean destination is one of the most popular places in Mexico to say “I do”!
Whether you’re planning a beachside ceremony or a lavish event in the hotel’s magnificent ballroom, Majestic Elegance Cancun provides a romantic backdrop for your special day.
Majestic Elegance Cancun Wedding Packages
The Majestic Elegance offers several wedding packages and a slew of wedding venues and event locations. Here is a breakdown of costs for the wedding package as well as a list of wedding locations.
Free Destination Wedding Package at Majestic Elegance
Is the Free destination wedding package too good to be true? Well, the Majestic Elegance does offer a base package for $1250 for a symbolic ceremony. This package is offered for free when your group booked 105 paid room nights. So, get 30 rooms for 4 nights, and you have 120 nights.
The free wedding package inclusions are:
- Ceremony location (garden gazebo, beach locations, or piano terrace)
- Bouquet, boutonniere, one bag of rose petals
- Wedding cake for up to 60 guests
- Semi-private dinner for up to 60 guests, steakhouse or mar restaurants
- A few other inclusions…
After that, you can add on as much or as little as you want. Add on a cocktail hour, opt for a private reception, or keep it simple and keep costs down.
Affordable Destination Weddings
The Majestic Elegance offers really affordable destination wedding packages.
Let’s say you want a total package for 60 guests. Here is an example with a semi-private cocktail hour, and a private reception with DJ for 3 hours in an included wedding location.
- $1250 ceremony, bouquet & boutonniere, cake and toast
- $124 two extra bridesmaids’ bouquets, 2 extra boutonnieres
- $360 cocktail hour add on (open bar, semi-private locations, hors d’oeuvres)
- $3300 ‘classy’ buffet reception (3 hours open bar, basic white décor, service staff)
- $650 DJ, MC, sound system for 3 hours
TOTAL COST FOR 60 PERSON DESTINATION WEDDING: $5684 USD for 60 people.
Please keep in mind that this does not include photography or extra décor. Also, with 60 guests, you normally attain your 105 room nights, which would remove the initial $1250 fee, leaving you at $4434 for 60 guests!
If you decide to splurge and use the sky gazebo and lounge location, you need to pay an additional $1200-1500. If you want the sky gazebo and terrace area, the rental is $1200, if you want the entire location, the rent is $1500.
You can pay half as a deposit to save the location payable at the time of booking, the other half is paid once you arrive at the hotel. Also, remember that we pay the other half of the rental fee with 105 room nights. We love spoiling our couples.
Extra costs to consider
- Photography and Videography
- Flowers and decor
- Special live performances and music band
- Party favors and welcome bags
- Outside Vendor Fees
Wedding Promotions at Majestic Elegance Cancun
- Free wedding package with 105 room nights
- Free private airport transportation for the wedding couple
- Free custom maracas to offer as wedding favors
- The more room nights your group books, the more your freebies increase
Majestic Elegance Cancun is proud to provide same-sex couples with the opportunity to celebrate their love in a luxurious and unforgettable setting. Their commitment to diversity and inclusion extends beyond our wedding services, ensuring that all of our guests feel warmly welcomed and accepted.
Majestic Elegance Cancun Wedding Venues
The garden gazebo is centrally located off the main lobby area. This wedding venue is included as part of the wedding packages at the Majestic Elegance
Capacity of the Garden Gazebo: 100 guests
The piano terrace is located right off the piano lounge near the main lobby. With ocean views and great views of the resort, it is a popular choice as a wedding location at the Majestic Elegance.
Capacity of the Piano Terrace: 60 guests for ceremony or cocktail and 40 guests for a wedding reception
This is a wonderful venue for any type of ceremony. The view is spectacular and is a bit far away from the lounge chairs and palapas, so eventhough it is not private, it almost feels as it was.
Beach Gazebo Capacity: no maximum
Beach Wedding Area
Ok, this beach is beautiful and huge! The sky is the limit when it comes to plan an event and using this as a venue. You can have your wedding ceremony, cocktail and reception right here.
Beach Wedding Capacity: 450 guests for ceremony, cocktail or reception
Wedding Ballroom & Wedding Terrace
We have seen a lot of hotels and a lot of wedding venues. This is the only hotel that I know of that specifically built a ballroom with weddings in mind.
The ballroom is bright, beautifully decorated, and meant for wedding groups. With AC, lots of decorative detail, and capacity for large wedding groups, the wedding ballroom is pretty impressive as far as destination wedding locations go.
The Wedding Terrace is located right off of the wedding ballroom, this area has a roof, but is open.
With gorgeous sunset views over the lagoon and the ocean breeze, it is a fantastic option if you prefer outdoors. You can also combine the outdoor area and indoor area in the case of a very large wedding group.
Both areas can be used for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, and private receptions as well as a backup wedding venue.
The Capacity per area is 200 guests, which can be upped to 300 if you use both areas.
Sky Gazebo, Terrace and Lounge area
This area is split into 3 different areas:
- The Sky Gazebo, is the ceremony location, with stunning ocean views. It has a capacity of up to 50 guests.
- Then, the Sky Terrace, is the cocktail hour location or small reception location (up to 30).
- The Sky Lounge, is the largest area and can be used for cocktail hours and receptions for up to 120 guests. It is overlooking the main pool area between the family-friendly buildings and the adult-only buildings. It is open to the general hotel guests until 6pm, so any private events can occur as of 6:30pm.
Rental Costs for the Sky Gazebo Area
If you want to rent the Gazebo + Terrace, the cost is $1200 ($600 deposit, $600 on arrival)
If you want to rent the Gazebo and Lounge, the cost is $1500 ($750 deposit, $750 on arrival)
Check out our YouTube Channel to see all videos of these wedding locations.
Back up Wedding Locations
We know inclement weather can happen, but fortunately, this hotel has beautiful backup wedding locations.
The wedding ballroom and wedding terrace can be used if not already booked for another event. They also have a convention center for larger groups.
At the end of the day, a Majestic Elegance Cancun wedding is sure to be an unforgettable experience. From the stunning beach setting to the luxurious amenities and impeccable service, this destination wedding location is truly a dream come true. Every detail will be taken care of so all you have to do is relax and enjoy every moment.
You deserve to have the best and with Majestic Elegance Cancun weddings, you can rest easy knowing everything will be taken care of for you. So go ahead and treat yourself to the wedding of your dreams – you won’t regret it!
We hope our complete guide to weddings at the Majestic Elegance Cancun has answered all your questions.