The Complete Guide to Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings
Welcome to the complete guide to Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings! A wonderful AAA Four Diamond, All-inclusive, family resort in quaint Puerto Morelos town. Here, you can enjoy top-notch facilities, warm service, delicious gourmet dishes, and striking venues for a destination wedding to remember!
Select one of their many wedding packages and flexible options to personalize your day, and delight your loved one and your wedding guests during your retreat in Riviera Maya.
Content of the Complete Guide to Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings
Click on any item to skip to that section.
Where is Dreams Riviera Cancun located?
Dreams Riviera Cancun is located in quaint Puerto Morelos Town. A location in Riviera Maya famous for its tranquil bohemian ambiance and colorful coral reefs. Placed a merely 25-minutes ride from Cancun International Airport, you’ll be sipping a Margarita on the beach almost right after you get off the plane!
Puerto Morelos may be a slow town for some, but having the second-largest coral barrier reef near its shores, makes it true heaven for snorkel and dive lovers! Plus shopping for local folk art and handcrafts makes it a nice trip for a morning or afternoon.
Our experience with Dreams Riviera Cancun
This hotel is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! From the moment you enter the lobby, you can clearly see this is a very special property with a unique personality. This resort is family-friendly, and it truly offers a lot of activities that would interest all ages but still, it has many nooks ideal for romance!
Plus, with the proximity to the airport, being in the middle of Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and all major parks and points of interest, we believe Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings have it all!
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort Overview
- Rooms: 486 Luxurious rooms
- Adults Only: Family-friendly
- Pet-Friendly: Yes. Only small dogs up to 10 kgs (22 lbs) are allowed in the required room category, prior reservation Additional fees apply
- Room Service: 24-hour room service and concierge service
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Restaurants: 8 Restaurants. Buffet options and gourmet a la carte
- Bars: 6 bars and lounges
- Cafe: Yes 1 cafe
- Nightclub: It is not a nightclub itself, but at Desires sports bar lounge the guests can enjoy the night as it features two unique terraces, serving international and national beverages
- Spa: World-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia
- Beauty Salon: Yes, it offers salon treatments
- Fitness Center: Yes, open daily
- Pools: 3 Pools and 2 outdoor whirlpools
- Water Sports: Kayaks, water aerobics, and weekly beach parties are some of the activities guests can enjoy. The resort also offers diving clinics, deep-sea fishing tours, catamarans, and snorkeling for an extra cost
- Exchange Privileges: As part of the privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® guests have the opportunity to enjoy the Sip, Savor & See dining experience at nearby Dreams, Now, and Sunscape properties. This experience is for dinner only, subject to availability, and must be arranged with the concierge directly at the resort.
Pros and cons of Dreams Riviera Cancun
- So many great culinary options at this resort, you will want to extend your stay to try them all! Plus restaurants are incredibly decorated, more than many other resorts we’ve visited!
- All guests seemed to be enjoying themselves regardless the age. This property has a very warm, familiar ambiance that invites you to relax and enjoy.
- Rooms are superb! The layout and decoration create a very lighted, ample space. Delightful!
- Here, all Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings have many venues to choose from for their events. An intimate garden, an impressive oceanfront gazebo, or a magazine-looking grand staircase, you name it!
- Due to the layout of the property, outdoor wedding events may not be very private.
- So many incredible wedding locations mean more than one wedding a day. If you are worried about someone stealing your thunder, this may be an issue for you.
- Due to the layout of the resort, most rooms are facing the pools or common areas. If you are looking for a super quiet, tranquil property, you may find it can get a little crowded and busy with kids around everywhere!
Rooms and Sections
The rooms have a peculiar octagonal shape to capture more light and a more ample view of the ocean or the tropical gardens. Decorated in a sober but warm style, you will truly rest here!
If you are traveling with the family, in most rooms with two double-size beds you could fit up to 4 guests, and family suites can host up to 7! Talk about connecting with your family, huh?
The Preferred Club area offers an extra touch of luxury to your stay. Benefits include access to an exclusive lounge with appetizers and top-tier drinks, premium room location, special concierge services, a designated beach area, and more so you only worry about having a good time.
Truth be told, Puerto Morelos area has never been famous for having a transparent, crystal-clear ocean. The proximity to the reefs can make the water look a little darker than the colors you think about when you picture a Caribbean beach in your mind.
This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not beautiful or ideal for a swim or an event. On the bright side, you can take your visor and see many fish swimming in the sea!
If you don’t want to leave your vacation without a photo in a see-through blue ocean for your social media feed, there are many locations nearby, so that can easily be taken care of!
Food & Drinks
The gourmet possibilities here are honestly great! There are exceptional restaurants with delicious food but what really stands out besides flavor, is the decoration!
Let’s just have a look at El Patio, offering authentic Mexican cuisine in an absolutely amazing ambiance. Put together a traditional hacienda style, folk art, servers dressed up as charros, and a hint of town market, stir the pot, and: Andale!
Portofino is another star of the resort, offering Mediterranean-style flavors for dinner. Here, the whole gang can toast and share that pasta platter family-style, of course!
Other options for meals include World Cafe, the all-day dining international buffet. Himitsu for Pan-Asian cuisine and live cooking teppanyaki tables. Seaside Grill with an ocean view, and Coco Cafe for tea, coffee, desserts, pastries, and some other delicious snacks.
For a more refined dining experience guests can visit Bordeaux. An adults-only, a-la-carte, romantic French restaurant with a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall wine cellar. How chic!
Bars at the beach, the pool, and the lobby plus a swim-up bar, a sports club, and a music lounge will have you toasting all day long.
Activities, Sports and Kids Club
A Mayan-themed kids club will have the young ones entertained with video games, crafts, and a pyramid they can climb on. It is open until 8 pm, so you could go to your fancy dinner with your partner without worrying about the kids!
Sports enthusiasts will find everything to keep their routine on track in the fitness center, or by participating in beach volleyball matches, biking tours, yoga by the beach, water aerobics, catamarans, and snorkeling tours.
All the family can gather together to enjoy spectacular live performances each night, outdoor movies, and a weekly beach party. You can do as little or as much as you want, is your vacation!
If you are interested in visiting another AMR Collection resort, you can! As part of the Sip, Savor & See experience you can enjoy dinner, drinks, and live entertainment at nearby properties. Note that details must be arranged with the resort concierge.
What makes this resort different from other all-inclusive resorts
Outdoor heated pools! Even with a sudden cold front, or visiting during the winter months, you will be able to enjoy your time in the water. The front desk and lobby are also quite remarkable with all that detailed wooden work. It’s pure art.
We also love the octagonal shape rooms, something we’d never seen before and we do know a thing or two about resorts. Another fantastic thing is the outdoor pool theater for evening shows and themed dinners. Just spectacular!
Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings
We’ll provide you with the info you need to plan your wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun! Read the packages, costs, and venue capacities for this incredible resort. We are just a few clicks away if you need more details for your big day. You can also receive a wedding package for free! Contact us and we’ll tell you how.
Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Packages
Intimate elopements, family parties, or big bashes, the wedding packages at Dreams Riviera Cancun will surely provide you with great benefits to achieve the wedding of your dreams.
|BEYOND MEMORABLE WEDDING||DREAMS ULTIMATE WEDDING|
|79 Guests||30 Guests|
|Key Inclusions:||Key Inclusions:|
|* Welcome cocktail party |
* Rehearsal dinner
* Symbolic ceremony
* Shoe check station for ceremonies held on the beach
*Sound system with speaker and microphones
* Dessert station and couple’s choice of wedding cake
*Free anniversary nights
* 20% off spa treatments for wedding couple
|*Service of judge or minister|
*Semi-private rehearsal dinner for ten max
*Hairstyling and makeup
* Sound system with speaker and microphones
* Ceremony décor
* Private cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres
* Private dinner reception
* Live music
* 15% off spa treatments
$7,500 USD (from 50 to 79 guests)
$11,999 USD (from 80 to 100 guests)
$161 USD – Extra guest (may vary)
$3,599 USD (August, September,October)
Extra Costs to Consider
- Photography and Videography
- DJ & Dance floor
- Decor tweaks
- Floral Tweaks
- Outside Vendor Fees
- Wedding Favors
Get the most out of your budget. Check our blog on destination wedding costs.
Same-Sex Weddings at Dreams Riviera Cancun
Dreams Riviera Cancun sees weddings for what they are, an expression of true love, pure joy, and vast happiness! #lovewins #loveislove
With the Love at First Site offer, you can experience the resort and go through the details of your wedding with an on-site wedding specialist. Travel, book, and make all the planning in just a few days! This is what you get:
- A meeting with the resort’s dedicated wedding coordinator, to explore menu, cake, and other options
- A resort tour to see all ceremony, cocktail party, reception, and rehearsal dinner locations
- First-hand experience of the service and facilities
- Plus, couples will receive credit to use towards wedding extras for wedding events, bachelorette party, and honeymoon if booked 30 days of return date!
Restrictions apply but we’ll work our magic to get you as many promos and freebies as possible, just get in touch.
Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings Venues
So many incredible venues it’s going to be difficult to choose from! Remember that there may be another wedding on the same day and locations are booked on a first-come-first-served basis. You would want to confirm your event ASAP!
Grand Lobby Staircase
This is the location if you want to have your wedding look like those you see in magazines! You don’t need much decor since everything looks so dramatic. In case you are wondering, the resort does have alternate access for guests needing to go to the front desk or checking-in. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 250 guests.
Gazebo Wedding Venue
Your guests will be amazed to witness your oceanfront marriage ceremony under a wedding gazebo shaped after a diamond ring. How cool is that!? MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 150 guests.
Beach Wedding Venue
With ample room and a beautiful view, you can have a true Caribbean beach wedding here. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 100 guests for the ceremony, 150 guests for a cocktail, and 200 guests for the reception.
Oceana Restaurant Terrace
An elevated, private terrace on top of Oceana Restaurant provides the intimacy you require for your event, with the ocean view you wish for your big day! MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 150 guests for the ceremony and 250 guests for a cocktail hour.
Ceiba Tree Garden
Ceiba trees have been venerated through time by the native Mayan people. They symbolize the union of the reigns of the underworld, earth, and heaven. Here you can have a more spiritual connection embraced by sacred nature. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 60 for the ceremony and 80 for a cocktail party.
This hidden treasure is surrounded by tropical greenery and promises to offer the most intimate of celebrations. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 60 for a cocktail party, 40 for a reception.
Whirpool with Garden
The property has two jacuzzis with a wooden deck, surrounded by a lawn and lush gardens. This area is perfect for a cocktail or welcome party. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 120 for a cocktail party.
When planning a destination wedding, chances are you won’t pick a ballroom as your first choice however, this could be a perfect option for those months when rain can be unpredictable or humidity makes it uncomfortable to wear that designer evening gown. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 250 guests for a reception.
El Patio Restaurant
We have already talked about how beautiful this restaurant is! Since this is a super popular spot, there is a fee of $3,000 USD to privatize the place. If we look on the bright side, you won’t be spending a dime on extra decoration! MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 250 guests for a reception.
This is another great venue that is oceanfront and offers a firm floor. Especially convenient when you had your ceremony upstairs at the terrace. This venue has a rental fee of $1,500 USD and is only available after 8 pm. MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 250 guests for a reception.
After your beach or cocktail ceremony, you can head here for the dinner reception. Still outdoors with an oceanfront but with a firm floor where you can showcase your best dance moves in high heels! MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 180 guests for a reception.
Wanna see one of the wedding backup venues in case of inclement weather? It has a beautiful view and it’s super private! Watch the video HERE.
Hopefully, this complete guide to Dreams Riviera Cancun Weddings helps you find out if this resort is the best for your celebration! We truly think this property provides multiple perks and benefits that will please any type of group, wedding, or vacation party, and we can’t wait to assist you with the planning of your wedding!
Just started wedding planning? Read our complete guide to destination wedding planning for further tips.
Have questions or doubts? We are happy to help. Not only can we negotiate great group rates and get you perks, but we know our stuff! 🙂
Have any additional questions or doubts?
Get in touch, we love to help!